Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2019 goal

Demonperformer

My goal is simple. Actually get out and use my kit! First step is today and get everything together, I started a couple of months ago so most of it is around. 

Need to them re-familiarise myself with it all and then see where I get to. I have the Synscan WiFi adapter on the way so will make sure that’s all talking to everything as it should!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really nice challenge.

I started something a little similar at the beginning of last year, with the aim of imaging all the Messier and Caldwell's I could reasonably get from here. My reason was simply to broaden the range of objects I viewed as I'd found myself just visiting the same old favourites each season. I only take about 5 or 10 minutes worth of subs, just enough to see what I've got, but it had definitely helped me broaden my viewing habits. 

Good luck.

I plan to resurrect one of my astro projects this coming year - or rather three mutual ones.  Single widefield, narrow-band imaging rig, on DIY mount in micro observatory all remote controlled from my living room.  This might go in stages though.

1 hour ago, Demonperformer said:

How many did you get?

So far 55 of the Messier's. Fewer of the Caldwell as I started those a little later. 

I'm hoping to get back to this in the new year. I even cut down a couple of conifers in the garden this autumn to give me a lower view to the south. 

Archived