Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EZCAP-QT, what has happened to all my data.

MARS1960

I have just done 3 hrs on NGC 6888, i made a folder in ezcap qt before i started and clicked on save as FIT, i just packed up and went to the folder and i can't open the files to stack them.

Can anyone help please, did i save them wrong in ezcap? 

Thanks.

9 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Too vague.

What software are you using to open the FITS ?

Have you previously been able to open your FITS files with this software ?

Can you view the FITS with other software such as FITSwork ?

Michael 

Hi Michael,

It isn't a FITS file, it is a FIT file and i can't open it because i don't know what software to use to open it.

I'm hoping someone uses ezcap-qt, it comes with all QHY cameras.

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

I'd guess you're looking at the raw frame rather than a debayered frame, so the data hasn't yet been combined to create the colour image.

James

I'm not sure what that means James. I just loaded the autosave into PI and it says Gray, my DSLR  used to say RGB.

Debayering is the process of converting a black and white image from an OSC camera into a colour one by assigning the pixels to different colours and (usually) interpolating the gaps.

It will appear as gray unless you debayer it, I'm sure PI can do this, as can DSS  (somewhere there is a check box in DSS "monochrome FIT files are undebayered DSLR [or OSC] images".

Also, its worth downloading FITS liberator from NASA.

2 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Can't help with PI I'm afraid.  There's probably some option or other to debayer the data, but someone more familiar with the software will have to help with that.

James

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Debayering is the process of converting a black and white image from an OSC camera into a colour one by assigning the pixels to different colours and (usually) interpolating the gaps.

It will appear as gray unless you debayer it, I'm sure PI can do this, as can DSS  (somewhere there is a check box in DSS "monochrome FIT files are undebayered DSLR [or OSC] images".

Also, its worth downloading FITS liberator from NASA.

Sorted thanks guys, ran them through PIPP and saved as TIFF, i have colour, yippeeee.

Archived