Gamma Cygni

Rodd

My last available data.  HaSHO, using the starless technique.  FSQ-106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600 with 3um Astrodon filters.  I was  pleased with my original effort, though it seemed to lack the depth I knew to be associated with this region.  I had another go and I think was able to capture the depth--or at least a bit more of it.  The trickiest aspect of processing this image is the lack of "background".  

Image08-3final3.thumb.jpg.869b2efdb0894eff139cbd5c21909779.jpg

8 minutes ago, carastro said:

That's stunning Rodd.  Fantastic processing, and those Astrodon's make such a difference.  

Carole 

Thanks Carole.  Yes--I noticed a big difference between the Astrodons and the Baader.  Baader came with the STT-8300 and I used them for a while.  Then I got the Astrodons and I have never regretted it.  I think at f3 though the 5um might be better.  But I can't afford a separate set of narrowband filters for this setup.

Rodd

2 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Very nice Rodd, have you delved into P'Shop yet ?

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I have been in trouble ever since I lost my external drive.  I am working with only 20-30 gigs on my laptop and that isn't anywhere near enough for the ASi 1600 approach.  I delete data and only keep what I must.  The space is slowly filling up.   I have to get a new computer but have not been able to afford it.  I am looking forward to it though.  I am a bit scared to tell the truth.  I really don't know where to start.  

Rodd

Archived