Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to credit photos in a book ??

Skipper Billy

I am very flattered that some of my images will shortly appear in a book !!

The publishers have asked for location and how I would like to be credited.

I have no idea what the form is for how credits should appear - anyone know ??

The publishers said 'anything you like !'

First, well played that man! Great to have your pics recognised and promulgated.

You write ‘some’ images so if there’s to be a credit with each pic then a simple ‘picture by, etc.’ Is fine.

But if - as it seems it might be - it’s a wee spiel at the front (or back ?) of the book then they will be looking for a small ‘pen portrait’ of who, where, what and why you are! Best of luck with that!

Again, congratulations.

When I've used other people's photos in my books it's generally been images from the internet where there's usually a name and a licence to quote (e.g. Fred Blogs, CCbyA) or a company who just want their business name used.

One book had all the credits at the beginning, another had them on the end of the captions. This is generally down to the publisher.

I used a couple of Gina's pictures and credited them with her name (with her approval!), but you might want to use a pen-name.

Neil

Archived