SH2-240 and star colour

don4l

This is just 60m Ha, 3m G and 5m Blue.  G and B subs 60s.

My camera is quite sensitive in Ha, but I really wasn't expecting to get much in less than 5 hours.  This was taken through a Chroma 3nm Ha filter, and I am chuffed to bits with it.

Star colour is a new concept to me, so I would welcome any suggestions or advice.  This image is the first time that I feel that I have got colour into the stars, but they don't look as vibrant as in other images.  I processed the data in CCDStack and produced stretched images that were nowhere near full stretch - so as to keep them from becoming saturated.  I also kept the Green and Blue exposures short enough to avoid saturation.  This approach seems to have worked, but the stars seem to lack a certain "zing".

Any advice appreciated.

I'm aware that the bottom corners need sorting out, but this isn't worth doing at this stage.

color scaled1HrPW.jpg

28 minutes ago, peter shah said:

What an object....and you nearly have it all ....its massive and real faint....I think your stars look good, You could always do a small amount of work on them and bring out their colour....but I think its good as is

Thanks Peter. 

I know that the star colour isn't quite right, but I haven't a clue about what is wrong.  I played a bit with the saturation, but they just looked totally artificial.

I think that most images have white star centres, but mine seem to have an even colour across the whole star.  If this is indeed the problem, then I think that I can fix it.

I have planned this as a two frame mosaic as only 90% will fit on my CCD whatever way I rotate the camera.  It isn't due to be finished until Feb.

Archived