Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Astronomik filter for unmodified DSLR?

Using an unmodded Canon 1300D and Samyang 135mm F2 lens for imaging, but really struggling to bring out fainter nebulosity in my images- see attached.

Wondering if an Astronomik clip filter might help improve things, but not sure whic to try, UHC, UHC-e, CLS or CLS-CCD. Anybody have thoughts or experience?

F50772BB-EB49-48F3-BFD6-9286E8926B29.jpeg

It’s a Bortle 5/6 sky- limiting  visual magnitude approx 5.5. Milky Way is visible, but light pollution in most directions.

Subs are limited to around 1min at iso 800- histogram is around 75% over to the right with the lens at F2.

19 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I have a CLS one for sale, if you are interested. 

It was your ad that made me think about this but wasn’t sure whether I should get my camera modded

1 hour ago, SteveNickolls said:

+1

And if you modify the DSLR get a Ha clip in filter it will help greatly against the light pollution.

Cheers,
Steve

Was thinking of this, but that got me thinking about whether I should go down the dedicated camera road... 

Clearly I’ve got a bit more thinking to do.....

All the filters are now sold ?

I currently have a modified 40d and an unmodified 40d, and was using them simultaneously through the same scopes (ED80). The modified one was significantly better at gathering data, but the CLS worked on either. 

Archived