Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I NEED SOME HELP FOR A FRIEND.

Lowjiber

The guy who taught me to solar image is a Brit who recently ran into some difficulty after his old USB2 computer finally just died.  He had to buy a new USB3 machine as a replacement.  Now, his DMK51 (USB2) won't talk to the new machine.

He's considering the purchase of an Altair Hypercam 183M Mono CMOS Camera with ROI, but hasn't seen anyone using one for solar.  Any ideas???

I'll appreciate any thoughts or advice that I'll pass along to my long-time mentor.?

Thanks in advance.

Clear Skies

Can he/has he update(d) all the drivers for the camera..

similar issue discussed here.. 

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=1389236

I had similar issues USB 1 to USB 2 when I built a few PC's back in the day (read lots of years ago) from a collection of older work machines.. a proper Frankenstein job, but they were free and saw me through university..

wouldn't hurt to try..

Ta

Fozzie

I ran into this issue with devices that no longer have support, so their drivers are no longer being updated.  Scanners, digital cameras, camcorders, card readers, and printers all come to mind.  Then there's the problem of the original PCI and SCSI interfaces that disappeared.  The adapters are expensive and most older devices won't recognize them properly.  I have old 98SE, XT, and Win7 machines around the house for these reasons.  Once the download is complete, I can offload the data to more up-to-date machines.

Archived