Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead (close up) - Serious colour problems

bazza

Well, last night, I was able to get the colour to add to the one hour Lum capture. (Hope this is in the right section!)

Trouble is, on all the RGB, there are lines running left to right, which shows up despite anything I do in the processing.

It's not the flats, because I've examined the colour images uncalibrated and the lines are there then.

It's not on the Lum images, here's the difference - The lum filter is a CLS with IR blocking. The RGB filters are just IR blocking (Astronomik).

I'm wondering if it's light pollution, bearing in mind that the Horsehead had just risen over the horizon.

Anyway, can't get rid of the lines - attached is a colour image, heavily processed - you can see the lines in green and blue.

Also, the raw combined blue master - you can see the lines in this clearly.

Any suggestings or advice would be gratefully appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Barry,

post-13206-133877349014_thumb.jpg

post-13206-13387734902_thumb.jpg

Its hard to say what these lines are, they just seemed to of appeared on your data captured on the 29th, yet the lines arent present for the data on the 28th, and looking through dozens of other close up images of the HH none of these images show any lines, its almost as if there is a very thin band of cloud going across your target when you were imaging it......Atmospheric changes from one night to the next maybe a factor too, and it being low in the sky......

Are these lines visible on each individual sub?

Wait until its a little higher in the sky Barry and have another crack at it, just to see if these lines appear again......

Its still a nice closeup image though......

Mark

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Mark, they are on every sub for each colour, but not in exactly the same place for Red, Green and Blue.

It could be wispy cloud...but it was that very cold night, it looked clear!!

TJ. Mmmmm, they do look similar lines - but more condensed on your image, possibly reflections.....?

Looks like I'm going to have to go back and revisit it.

Barry.

Interesting. Dont think that it has anything to do with the horsey itself. Have you got yourself a spider living in your OTA/optical train? Maybe a wispy web is scattering some light. Total guess that but I think it is likely to be something local to the scope. Given the appearance I doubt that it is anything to do with the ccd chip either.

Anthony

Archived