Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your thoughts on a scope thinning please.....

On 14/10/2018 at 15:35, Alan White said:

Your thoughts on a scope thinning please.....
Having just arrived at a 10" OOUK Dob, with which I am delighted, I am finding its the favoured scope.
When I was buying, this was done with the pre-agreed thinning of my existing scopes with my good lady.
This is mainly because they all live in our Dining Room, which has quietly turned into the Astro Room and it's causing disquiet.

So keeping the 10" OD 250 OOUK and its base, what goes what stays?
Your thoughts and why please if you will be so kind.

• 250 mm Newtonian OOUK on Dob Base
  • 150 mm Newtonian Sky-Watcher f5 *
  • 103 mm Refractor Vixen ED103s *
  • 80 mm Refractor Vixen f11 Achromat *
  • 80 mm Refractor Sky-Watcher ST80 *

I am favouring either the 150 mm on a Dob base or the ED103s, for more grab and go duties.

I'd say good bye to the ST80, the Vixen 80mm F11 and the 150mm F5 Newt'. But I'd be inclined to sneak in a new SW 72mm ED.

My reasoning:  The 103mm Vixen ED will complement your 250 Dob perfectly. However, you might just find a 72mm grab & go ED is a really handy quick look/travel scope. And it won't get in the way in your dining room. You'll end up with three great scopes and a happy boss! :icon_biggrin:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I'd say good bye to the ST80, the Vixen 80mm F11 and the 150mm F5 Newt'. But I'd be inclined to sneak in a new SW 72mm ED.

My reasoning:  The 103mm Vixen ED will complement your 250 Dob perfectly. However, you might just find a 72mm grab & go ED is a really handy quick look/travel scope. And it won't get in the way in your dining room. You'll end up with three great scopes and a happy boss! :icon_biggrin:

Now that's adding Mike!   
Hmmmm, as I have added the C8 a little scope might not hurt ? I am being tempted by the dark side.

Archived