Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What the (expletive deleted) does it weigh???

Why oh why won't vendors give the weight of an OTA in the blurb....

I know we all add things from an EP to a full astro  rig but it would help if I knew the OTA weight when contemplating another purchase and matching to the mount.

Anyone feel the same....?

What does FLO think?

Clear skies

Just now, souls33k3r said:

Normally the information is there or else you can google it and i'm sure you'll find that information :)

Your right in a lot of cases but Skywatcher scopes on my favourite suppliers site often says "No specification available"

Googling gets done but when why can't the seller ensure that this info is always available . You don't expect to have to Google the  f number .

2 minutes ago, Bigwings said:

Your right in a lot of cases but Skywatcher scopes on my favourite suppliers site often says "No specification available"

Googling gets done but when why can't the seller ensure that this info is always available . You don't expect to have to Google the  f number .

f numbers are easy to calculate as long as you know the FL of the scope but i agree, some vendors do not have that information but it only takes an extra 30 seconds to find that :) 

If there's anything in specific you want to find out, i'm more than happy to assist you mate. We don't want an unhappy SGL member :)

I agree.  Sometimes even a Google does not find the answer. In the process of reviewing a scope at the moment and while I did find one site with the info it was wrong, so I resorted to subtracting the difference of me holding the scope and not on the bathroom scales.

I have to agree that OTA weights are sadly missing from many sites.  FLO has the weights of the Esprit series but nothing on the ED Pro series.  Same at Rotther Valley Optics, and The Widescreen Centre and WEX

I think dealers get their technical  info direct from the manufacturers marketing material.

Weights are very important to many users from both calculating the mount capacity and also having to carry and mount the scope every time you set up and take down.

Archived