Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AOK VAMO Traveller with Encoders

You just missed out 'let me be clear' in your political ramblings 🤥

But seriously, thanks McCabe. Some really useful info here. Currently I have a light(ish) pair of WO Binos with 1.25" eyepieces so that seems within limits if I was to get the balance was spot on. I've been speaking with Beat also. He suggested the Vamo would be adequate but the AYO II would be much more suitable. I'm trying to keep this as 'grab & go' as possible so I feel the Vamo would be my best fit. 

Thanks so much for taking time to reply.

31 minutes ago, bond19 said:

You just missed out 'let me be clear' in your political ramblings 🤥

But seriously, thanks McCabe. Some really useful info here. Currently I have a light(ish) pair of WO Binos with 1.25" eyepieces so that seems within limits if I was to get the balance was spot on. I've been speaking with Beat also. He suggested the Vamo would be adequate but the AYO II would be much more suitable. I'm trying to keep this as 'grab & go' as possible so I feel the Vamo would be my best fit. 

Thanks so much for taking time to reply.

If you may want to use the mount as a travel mount, the "traveveller" is obviously the only option.

If, however, packing the mount into hand luggage isn't a requirement (and having both isn't an option) I'd always go for the AYO II. I've used that with my 8" EdgeHD one side and a large refractor the other. "Reassuringly sturdy" !!

Encoders are also a wonderful addition to them both...

Enjoy whichever you opt for...

• Like 1