M52 + Bubble + perseverance

Adreneline

Last night seemed like a reasonable night to try some Ha imaging and I decided to have a go at the Bubble and M52 using my ED80DS+Atik428.

Out of the first ten Ha frames six were way beyond anything some sigma-kappa stacking could have sorted.

1595918618_M52Bubble.thumb.jpg.3965991f84b73679e3351470847c7bff.jpg

The joys of living on the flight path of an airport.

Undeterred I decided to give up on the ED80DS and try some wide-field with the Samyang 135+Atik428 instead. By the time I had the ED80 off the mount and the Samyang set up all I managed was one 600s frame before it was time to do a meridian flip, and once again a Boeing operated by a major freight carrier left its telltale mark.

Post flip there was no sign of the Atik anymore, at least not as far as SGPro was concerned. Half an hour later and after replacing a USB cable I'm up and running and decided to just programme in 15 x 600s frames and go to bed. 

I didn't manage to get M52 and the Bubble centre image but I did get a bonus or two with neighbouring DSO's. It needs a lot more data but at least after all the frustrations I managed something of a result - and the aircraft finally decided to stay out of the FoV!

96775406_M52_Bubble_wf_600s_r_DBEHTLHENik.thumb.png.bc0bfd8d547aea39fefef054e26a1fd3.png

M52 is clearly visible although only just in the image and you can just discern the Bubble so 'mission accomplished' to some degree.

Any comments or suggestions on how to tease out a bit more detail would be much appreciated.

Processed in PI and PS.

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Regarding trails and kappa sigma rejection, have you yried large scale pixel rejection in pixinsight?

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=11067.msg69188#msg69188

Well I have but I’d reached the point where I felt the gods were against me and a fresh start was needed. Two of the other first ten had satellite trails but they were insignificant compared with multiple 767’s, etc. I’ll try again another night. 

Archived