Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 90mm Achro - 24.10.08

Rob

Scope Celestron Skyscout 90mm F7 Refractor

Faced with a nice clear night again (shock). I started out on an obs session with the refractor. The C8 is all packed up and being shipped in the morning.

Firstly very suprised yet again on how well this little refractor performs, its a very well corrected achro.

So to business.

First up : M57 Nice but small in the 20mm Superview. Swithched to the 14mm XL Pentax... what a super view that gave. Nice donut.. which just about offered a dark center with out averted vision. Moved on to M27 next. Now working with the 20 mm as a finder EP and quickly switching to the Pentax for the final view... wow. Almost 3d looking!. Very defined wings.

Moved on next to M31.. Fantastic in the pentax.. no major hint of dust lanes, but a lot of detail was on offer there. Also managed M32 & M110..!. Just goes to show that investment in good quality EP's can really bring the best out of a scope. Ok I have nice low LP skies to my east amd sout (as I'm 2 miles from the solent).

The double cluster was again superb in the Pentax... lots of colour there and the stars were pin point.

A great night all in all.

Rob

Archived