Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonights Full Moon Phone Click

SIDO

A frame with my LGL62V smartphone using Open Camera shot with my C150/HD F5 Newt on an eq5, First time with a camera in this scope and things where going ok until the camera apps faulted and in all my goofing with that I messed the camera alignment and dident even notice til I checked the shots later :' -(  So all I got was the two B&W test shots taken when I first set up but at least I got something ? 99.2 % crossing the meridian here tonight!

Moon 9.24.18.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice shot, exposure looks good, focus too.

Thanks Stu, the seeing was good so I stayed up and am observing Orion & co now...Moons still looking awesome too...

Just to share my focus trick quick, the LG has and 8x digital zoom so I focus at that then back out for the shots, the better the seeing is the tighter the focus can then be as the finer details can then be focused. Really like my 8x24 zoom too though for framing the shots and it's ability to take a sharp eyepiece projection snap, the flat eye lens gives it it's advantage I think. Add in a tuned polarizer and IR blocking filter and things start to get pretty crisp and stay that way if you dont go and bump something...lol...

9 hours ago, Moonshane said:

I was trying to work out which neighbour had a security light on last night but then I stepped left and noted the moon between houses LOL

{ > Thats pretty low < } bet the cow could jump over easy...went clear up in the sky over here ?

Archived