SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

North American Nebula in SHO - first attempt

widotje

Hi folks,

Managed to get 8 hours of data on the cygnus wall in the north american nebula (NGC7000).

I'm happy to receive your feeback as I'm still new to combining narrowband stacks into SHO (or other combi's)!

My data:

35x5 min Ha

30x5 min Oiii

30x5 min Sii

See below the Ha separate and then two attempts to combine all stacks into SHO. I've used photoshop (layers, levels, curves....).

https://astrob.in/368065/C/

NA_nebula (1 van 1).jpg

NA_nebula_SHO4 (1 van 1).jpg

NA_nebula_SHO5 (1 van 1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work! I'm in the process of .....processing the data I captured on this object recently so your examples are useful ?

Really enjoyed the video as well, great production work there and interesting to see you using NexRemote to align the AVX, I haven't tried that yet but intend to try at the end of the week.

Thanks for taking the time to post all of this - really useful.

David

I just noticed that you're using a nose piece adapter to connect your ASI1600 to the filter wheel.

I had mine configured like that and I was getting reflections off the filters - at least I think that was what was happening.

When I attached the camera directly to the filter wheel and used adapters for on the other side to get enough back focus - the defects went away.

Hope that helps - you may not have experienced this issue but if you have - it might be the solution ?

David

On 23/09/2018 at 16:51, peter shah said:

great set of images....you last two are  my favorites 

Thanks! I've used a deepskycolors script in Photoshop, that really helped to bring out the blue/gold colours.

On 13/10/2018 at 21:19, David_L said:

I just noticed that you're using a nose piece adapter to connect your ASI1600 to the filter wheel.

I had mine configured like that and I was getting reflections off the filters - at least I think that was what was happening.

When I attached the camera directly to the filter wheel and used adapters for on the other side to get enough back focus - the defects went away.

Hope that helps - you may not have experienced this issue but if you have - it might be the solution ?

David

Thanks for the great advice. I didn't realise that you can attach the camera directly to the filter wheel. I don't experience any issues yet, but it's always nice to get rid of unnecessary materials!

22 hours ago, widotje said:

Thanks for the great advice. I didn't realise that you can attach the camera directly to the filter wheel. I don't experience any issues yet, but it's always nice to get rid of unnecessary materials!

Here's some pictures of the adaptors I cobbled together to get the right configuration for my TS65Q - note that the nose piece adaptor threads to the second inner sleave of adaptor labelled #1

The camera should screw straight into the filter wheel ?

David

y4mMcQ7pqgp_2d7BEyLprfPigVUMAMSdNaKWS4rF y4mxtOvCbYSxVlwzD3sN49-W1RpmW5l8JgSL-qPo

Great images - well done. My preference would be somewhere between the third and fourth version.

In my view the third one is slightly oversaturated and black clipped, while the fourth is slightly undersaturated, but less clipped.

Steve

On 15/10/2018 at 22:46, Steve 1962 said:

Great images - well done. My preference would be somewhere between the third and fourth version.

In my view the third one is slightly oversaturated and black clipped, while the fourth is slightly undersaturated, but less clipped.

Steve

Thanks for your feedback! Trying to get the hang of this. :-).

Tried to saturate a bit more without clipping, what do you think?

NA_nebula_SHO_coloured2.jpg

17 hours ago, widotje said:

Thanks for your feedback! Trying to get the hang of this. :-).

Tried to saturate a bit more without clipping, what do you think?

NA_nebula_SHO_coloured2.jpg

I’m only viewing the new image on my phone, but it looks very good indeed. The main thing is...are you pleased with it?!

Archived