NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rowan belt mod

Andyk93

Hi everyone, I have an neq6 which is about 2 years old, it’s not been used that much but I am looking to do a belt mod to it to reduce the backlash in the mount. Does anybody have experience in fitting one of these and is the adjusting simple to do? I don’t want to do the modification myself and then keep stripping it for weeks finding out I need to tighten something slightly. I was hoping the kit was an install and forget kind of thing? If it is something that needs quite a bit of adjustment then I will probably get a professional to do it. 

Thanks Andy

If you have any mechanical knowledge and can use a few tools its fairly straight forward job.

I did end up doing mine a few times but after the first strip and rebuild it really straight forward.

Give yourself enough clean space and allow a few hours for the first time round. If you do go ahead then make sure you final adjustments on the worm are done with your heaviest bit of kit on the mount.

I did mine with the 130pds and when I mounted the quattro I realized it need redoing.

Thanks very much everyone

4 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

I put mine into Rother valley optics hopefully ready to pick up this weekend,  they charge £210 for the belt mod .

This is what I’m going to do, it’s only £70 more to get somebody professional to do it and it will save me worrying about if I’ve done it right

Archived