Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Different slant on a TableTop Mount

Bigwings

Well its a VERY big heavy table. Its on a big VERY over-engineered deck and its dead level.....

Having aquired an EQ5 mount from Moonshane I was looking for a way to use it till I modify my "pier" or obtain a tripod (Tripod expected after Xmas).

A n M10 and M8 hole later I have a very usefull table top mount.

The green pillar in shot with the bird feeder on it is a disguised pier . At night the birdfeeder screws off and my AZ Gti screws on.

Do you think I can convince SHMBO that the two holes in the table are just rather large woodworms.

IMG_20180919_190518870.jpg

IMG_20180919_190504974.jpg

I too have an over engineered bird feeder...it will support a whole flock of Canadian geese.....literally...... seems a bit underused with a bored sparrow on it.

Can I ask,  have you painted the pier green to blend in ??...  was that a concession that came out of the local authority 'discussion' ?

Just now, Craney said:

I too have an over engineered bird feeder...it will support a whole flock of Canadian geese.....literally...... seems a bit underused with a bored sparrow on it.

Can I ask,  have you painted the pier green to blend in ??...  was that a concession that came out of the local authority 'discussion' ?

The pier is green to blend in at the request of SHMBO. Its made from two fence posts bolted together to discourage warping. The top is  4 circular pine pieces glued and screwed with a 3/8 bolt in the top. Fixed with 3 bags of postcrete. Just have to be carefull to make sure the top is level. Total cost about £45..... Birds like it.

23 hours ago, Charic said:

Easy enough to plug with some dowel, painted of course!

SHMBO will only find out when she views this thread.

Or you could just tell her, "deal with it cup-cake".

I could tell her to deal with it.....if I called her cup-cake I would be retrieving the mount from where the use of a solar filter is pointless

Archived