what happend to my heart nebula

iwols

51 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Looking at the whole Heart here's what you've captured. The Heart shaped part is very large, as you see.

1094467375_Heartoverlay.thumb.jpg.d89ea6895473b87a5cf186d3d871c2ac.jpg

Olly

thanks olly that explains why the image didnt make much sense to me,thank you ,how did you manage the above image,because that will help me massively determining which object im going to image?

2 hours ago, iwols said:

thanks olly that explains why the image didnt make much sense to me,thank you ,how did you manage the above image,because that will help me massively determining which object im going to image?

I always use this website to choose my targets and framing. 

http://www.blackwaterskies.co.uk/imaging-toolbox/

11 hours ago, iwols said:

I model the framing in advance using SkyMap Pro which allows you to plug in different focal lengths and chip sizes. Unless it's strictly impossible I have the chip orientated along RA and Dec to make framing and returning to an object easier. So my Heart above is square to RA and Dec.

I dropped your image onto it using Registar.

Olly

On 16/09/2018 at 01:48, iwols said:

processed with astropixel processor using approx  1o mins each or r,g,b and ha any suggestions welcome,original fits if anyone fancies a go thanks,ed80 and atik 414ex

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uu4r17tsc87d85v/AACAojBlhcKVe-89D282kE_Sa?dl=0

We see a lot of questions like this, and I think that I know the answer.

I suspect that your software has automatically chosen a bit of the image as a "black point".   The entire area is filled with Ha, so setting anything to black will subtract out a lot of the red.

I've downloaded a 120s green, 120s blue and a 600s Ha frame from your Dropbox link.  I have a slow connection, so I didn't download more.

This is a quick and dirty processing your data.  I stretched each colour chanel into a full 16bit by eye.  The stars in the Ha frame were smaller than the G and B, so I blurred this by 1 pixel which smoothed the Ha a bit.  It ended up with a green cast at the top right which I reduced in Picture Window Pro.

If you want more details, I will be happy to provide them.

Heart.jpg

Archived