Andromeda M31

ampleamp

Being one of the most photographed objects in the sky I don't even pretend to offer anything new barring this is my second go at this galaxy as it was my first ever DSO attempt. I have deliberately kept this as LRGB and tried to maintain the dusty nature of the galaxy, and i wasn't inclined to turn my cameras around hence the acute angle; if i had been braver i would have rotated to the corners.

L - 37x600s + 39x900s; RGB - each 18x600s, taken with my multi widefield setup on 12/13th and 15th September when we got two fantastically clear nights followed early morning with driving rain; i was too late the first morning and got rained out :angry2:

Thanks for looking.

M31.png

Thank you everyone ??  

1 hour ago, wornish said:

Superb detail.  What camera did you use?  

Most of the luminanace was from a Tak100DF and Atik16200 while the remainder Lum and all the rgb was from an FSQ85 and Atik383. I used reducers in both systems. 

8 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

Nothing less than majestic, Alistair - especially at full resolution. I think the saturation could go up a little perhaps?

Peter

I did try and fiddle around with saturation but kept coming back to this version as the stars started to suffer. 

Archived