Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DeepSkyCamera App (Android)

Mick J

Have a new phone with a good camera and was looking for a simple app that would allow me to delay shutter opening and time when the shutter will close, still looking.

But did find on Google play store a beta if you like app that looks more than useful,  DeepSkyCamera able to set number of shots, length, intervals etc, insists on saving in raw (phone needs to support) and free download and use atm.

Cannot link to play store but here is a home page :. https://www.deepskycamera.de

Edited by Mick J
Added Google play link

• 1 year later...

Hello, Mick J,

By chance I came across the app myself today and have installed it on a Samsung A10.  This does not take RAW images so may not get the best from the app.  The sample pictures taken by the author of the app are excellent but based on high spec kit; high-end 'phone, Takahashi 'scope, TeleVue EPs etc.  The author hopes to launch a pro version later this year but did you ever get around to using it?  I'd be interested and, though this is your first response, perhaps others will be too.

Cheers

Peter

• Like 1

Hi, Mike.  I took a long look in what passed for daylight today and decided to go for Open Camera instead.  It will change ISO, you can expose up to 5 minutes and focus seems instantly automatic.  Next clear night we'll see how it performs.

Cheers

Peter

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...