Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Software and Windows Vista

Kai

Im getting a new Laptop in a couple of days and it will have Vista loaded onto it :crybaby: .

Does anybody know what Astro Software will NOT work on Vista ???

I will be planning on using MaximDL , PhotoshopCS2 , Starry Night Pro5 , Eqmod , PHD , I presume they will be okay ??? :)

Cheers

Steve

Turn off the UAC from the User control panel, and ensure that your account is running with admin rights. Better still, just run as administrator (can you do that in Vista? You may need to change the way you log in to show the admin account)

I've managed to avoid the 'jump' to Vista as yet.

Bought a new desktop, not that long ago, and managed to get XP Pro with it :thumbright: .

Fortunatley, all of my PC's are running XP.

However, I'm currently using my daughter's Vista PC, down here in Aus. I downloaded Stellarium onto it, and it runs fine.

Dave

I have found that Stellarium and Virtual Moon Atlas both seem to run happily on vista.

As for vista itself, it looks pretty but is mega resource hungry. Sometimes I turn off all the whistles and bells to get things to run smoother. One good thing is that it has nice fonts on an LCD screen which don't look rough like the ones on the XP machines I use at college.

I love Vista so much that I dual boot with Linux. :)

Peace and Clear Skies.

Becky.

Archived