Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Bristol, UK

pandoraefretum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Robby,

Been to a few BAS meetings, years ago.. but I usually teach until late on a Fri, unfortunately.
I went to an observing gathering behind the pub in Lacock, years ago... I can't remember what the event was.

Let me know if you'd like to meet up one day / night. I am NW Bristol, BS6 on Kellaway Ave. Ciao, Roland

On 20/09/2018 at 10:33, robbymain said:

....Have you been to any BAS Friday night meetings yet?

Just to mention that the BAS meetings start up again (following the quieter Summer season) on the 5th October :smiley:

14 hours ago, John said:

Still plenty to see - Saturn, Mars, Neptune, Uranus, lots of nice double stars :smiley:

.. and the Moon itself, although illumination is flat on right now.
However, all I could find were 2 plastic Celestron Moon filters that would not screw on evenly... the threads are flimsy and unreliable..
So I bought an all metal one from Amazon, to check out the waning Moon...

On 26/09/2018 at 00:39, John said:

Still plenty to see - Saturn, Mars, Neptune, Uranus, lots of nice double stars :smiley:

.. and the Moon itself, although illumination is flat on right now.
However, all I could find were 2 plastic Celestron Moon filters that would not screw on evenly... the threads are flimsy and unreliable..
So I bought an all metal one from Amazon, to check out the waning Moon... Update : It's a Meade Moon Filter, and threads perfectly

Moon was good tonight.. some strong lighting making for rugged drama along the terminator
6se + 14 mm Radians did the trick 

Archived