Borg helical focuser to stop refractor image shift

My TSA102 despite numerous attempts to tune the focuser annoyingly still has a little image shift when trying to get fine focus on the planets at high magnifications and is quite stiff ( the best option for the least image shift !)

Putting a Feathertouch on would sort it out but they are very expensive so I am thinking about putting this Borg helical focuser on the back of the scope for fine focus.......

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/borg-helical/borg-helical-focuser-s-7315.html

I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and if so how did it work out ??

I tried thiat one and found it was only usable when mounted in a diagonal as it was simply not strong enough to handle side loads without flexing.

I used the bigger 7857 version on a PST conversion a few years ago and it did work well but of course more ££££

7AD2DC12-F784-420D-93AA-E80FF63030DD.jpeg

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

I tried thiat one and found it was only usable when mounted in a diagonal as it was simply not strong enough to handle side loads without flexing.

I used the bigger 7857 version on a PST conversion a few years ago and it did work well but of course more ££££

7AD2DC12-F784-420D-93AA-E80FF63030DD.jpeg

Thanks for the excellent feedback John.

• 2 months later...

Archived