UHC Veil,,,,

paul mc c

15 minutes ago, bobro said:

Doesn't a UHC filter (though I suppose it depends on the type) filter out green and emphasise blue and red? Perhaps something is trying to colour balance?

Dont really know,but there was very little post processing done,and all the original subs had the same colour.

9 minutes ago, wornish said:

Great framing.  The colours are there it just needs a bit more  processing. 

Hope you don't mind but this is a quick tweak of your jpg image in PI, it really shows you captured some good data.

veil_tweaked.jpg

Now that is more like it....thank you.

18 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

i didnt capture RAW,if i did would it give natural colour with filter in place?

If RAW isn't captured the camera will try and correct the colour balance. When RAW is captured you have the option of correcting the colour balance in processing. RAW is best as typically camera JPEG setting compresses the image and loses detail.

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

Hence the strong green colour,taken last night with a total of 1 hour of subs.Just glad to get someting.

c80 ed and 1100d.

veil.jpg

I always got a colour cast identical to that when using an un modified DSLR and an Astronomik CLS filter, but as soon as I had the camera moddd it went, as those filter are designed to be used with a modded camera.. 

Archived