Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gamma Cygni Dark Nebula in Cygnus, now in colour

Magnum

Gamma Cygni Dark Nebula in Cygnus
3.5hrs in Ha with Atik 314L & Starwave 102 f7 ED.
Can you Spot the Impulse wake from the USS Enterprise? LOL ?

Update: On Saturday i was able to capture some Oiii data to compliment the previous Ha data and produce this finished Bi Colour image.
Total exposure now 8.5hrs comprising of.
21 x 10 mins Ha
17 x 15 mins Oiii
Atik 314L & Starwave 102 F7 ED.
Lee

GamaCygniDarksmall.jpg

GamaCygniDarkEnterpriseSmall.jpg

GamaCygniDarkColourSmall.jpg

Nice result, Lee.

I do like the colour image, but (this is no doubt a problem with me rather than the photo) I am struggling to see the change to the data produced by the Oiii - it looks to me like just a color version of the Ha image. Would it be possible to upload an image (maybe just a single sub) of just the Oiii data obtained?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

I do like the colour image, but (this is no doubt a problem with me rather than the photo) I am struggling to see the change to the data produced by the Oiii - it looks to me like just a color version of the Ha image. Would it be possible to upload an image (maybe just a single sub) of just the Oiii data obtained?

Well the Oiii was quite faint on this one compared to the Ha so if i did it again I think I would increase the Oiii exposure to 20 mins, Ive pushed the Oiii data as far as I possibly can and am resonably happy with it. If it was just a colourised Ha channel it would be 1 single shade also the stars would all be that same colour. Here is a comparison of the Ha vs Oiii signal Only processing at this point was identical DDP stretch.

HaOiiiComparison.jpg

Archived