Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Starsense camera

Hi all. After becoming a proud owner of a new(to me at least) Celestron Starsense camera to enable me to automatically align my AVX goto Mount, I’m wondering once that the alignment is done successfully and the Starsence camera then really becomes idle if I can safely unplug the cable to the camera without any ill effects either electronically or operation wise for the mount? Does anyone do this with their Starsense after the initial alignment has been successfully performed with no ill effects?

12 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I just pop the rubber cap back on it and leave it there. Might need to do another alignment point.

Peter

Thinking more of getting the cable out of the way, rather than the actual camera. Read on Cloudynights that a someone disconnects the cable with no problem. Wondering if anyone over here has tried this? 

It only seems to check for the camera on boot up, so I’m sure it’s fine to be unplug. I’ve run it that way previously. Then I just added it into the cable management forest?

btw, it might be worth joining TeamCelestron.com for the updates, as they are well ahead of the standard release path. As a plus, CPWI just added support for the AVX, and it looks to have a very accurate sky model (clouded out since I downloaded it, of course!)

38 minutes ago, Yawning Angel said:

It only seems to check for the camera on boot up, so I’m sure it’s fine to be unplug. I’ve run it that way previously. Then I just added it into the cable management forest?

btw, it might be worth joining TeamCelestron.com for the updates, as they are well ahead of the standard release path. As a plus, CPWI just added support for the AVX, and it looks to have a very accurate sky model (clouded out since I downloaded it, of course!)

Thanks. I’ll check out TeamCelestron. :) 

Archived