Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Being abeginner, and after reading some postings here,i was getting confused as to how this double star (Albireo) was jumping from one constellation to another. i could not believe two stars (well four) were named the same, but after a little bit of googeling irealizedthey are they are. :scratch:

ken

agreed argo, golden yellow with what i call ice blue secondary.

and as far as i know albireo is always found in cygnus, although as stated it is sometimes called the northern cross, i have even heard it called the swan

Albireo - the beautiful is the head of the swan. At one time it was used as a test of eyes for colours but as no person can describe a colour to someone else and for all we know we all see colours different people agreed to disagree on exactly what colours the two stars arewhen seem with eye via scope. It does look nice though!

No. I have since seen that one (i was searching for the andromeda galaxy at the time), it is very much like Albireo. I was just me not reading Turn Left At Orion through properly. The first mention of Alberio in that book(on page 67) is the "Winter Albireo" in Canis major. The one you mentioned is,according to Wikipedia, sometime called "The Little Albireo" . It can be confusing forbeginners!

ken

Archived