Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 5070 Pelican Nebula, Cygnus.

laser_jock99

Quick image of NGC5070 Pelican Nebula and some of the surrounding nebulosity. Stars a wee bit 'eggy' on this one- but just pleased to be imaging again at the moment!

IC 5070 taken with GSO 8" F4 Newtonian telescope working at F2.9 using a 0.7x ASA Keller coma corrector/reducer, modifed Canon 40D full spectrum camera @ ISO1000. Stack of five images totaling 900s of exposure from a dark sky site in Mid Wales.

(click image for full size version)

43716738254_8bac9cceda_o.jpg

I like it.

Looking at your pic it has struck me for the first time how much dust there is in the area - at least I presume it is dust - when comparing the density of background stars on the left hand edge of the pic with the density of stars in the rest of the image. Obvious, I know.  I may not be the fastest at working out the implications of what I am looking at, but I get there eventually!

Archived