Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Double 21 Oct

thing

Nice image Dave :D

When I compared shots taken with the Nikon D200 and Konika Minolta 5D earlier this year the KM5D seemd to have an extended Blue and an extended Red response and if it wasn't for the higher noise levels it would have probably been my astro camera of choice... The noise levels seem much better in Your KM7D shots Dave but still have the richeness in the colour :)

Billy...

Alot of detail in there but the stars are a weird shade of blue and not white.

Ta Bill. I like to stretch the colour a lot Doc to bring out the star colours, chances are some of those are blue anyway. It does look a bit false i grant you but it's nicer to look at IMO of course. I can do a 'non colour' version if you want...plenty of white stars in that!

Lovely job Mark. I think one of the nice things about this forum is that people like to have a tweak and present images how they like them, I'm all for it. I like a black sky (which I know is not entirely natural!) so I tend to loose some detail. I might have another fiddle with it actually. The monitor makes hell of a difference doesn't it. I have one of those glass fronted ones which makes everything look 'shinier'. I suppose if I had a matt fronted one I would be shoving the brightness up a bit.

The image could be darkened again to hide the vignetting, but then you lose some of the image, it started to show when i played around with it.....Colour in the image looks better though.......everyone is different when it comes to what their images should look like, its personal preferance........

Mark

No Probs Dave...

If you like that get a free 30 day trial of GradientXTerminator...

http://www.rc-astro.com/resources/GradientXTerminator/

I think the two best astro image processing "purchases" are GradientXTerminator and Noel Carbonis Astro Actions... if you have PS or CS as your image processing sofdtware...

Both reasonably priced aswell.

Billy...

There's been some great DC images lately Dave. I like this one you posted too.

It's one of those objects that seems to require post processing to get it looking as good as it does visually. Some fine examples of re processing your image is nice to see, and the interest shown in other peoples work is very gratifying. Only on SGL.

Ron. :)

There's been some great DC images lately Dave. I like this one you posted too.

It's one of those objects that seems to require post processing to get it looking as good as it does visually. Some fine examples of re processing your image is nice to see, and the interest shown in other peoples work is very gratifying. Only on SGL.

Ron. :)

Yup, got to be the best Astro forum around. I love to see what other people make of data, very interesting.

That's a very nice image, Dave. Nice tight, round stars. :) This looks like an easy target to image, but it's hard to do it justice, and you've done that admirably. I personally like CW's version - I'm a fan of dark backgrounds and high contrast stars.

Trev

Archived