NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Weather forecasts

NGC 1502

Hi all.  I realise this topic has been well covered before.  However, technology moves on, and ( hopefully ) forecast accuracy improves.

So I’d be grateful if you can point me to the most reliable forecasts for astronomy purposes. If possible forecasts that you have used over time and found to be good.

Thanks in advance, Ed.

meteoblue has proved accurate for me, been using it for a couple years with no disappointment. They have predictions for astronomical seeing in arcsecond maximal resolution for every hour (night and day), with detailed info on jet stream speed, altitude of bad air layers, humidity close to the ground, cloud cover at several altitudes, all an imager or observer could wish for.

Frem Bens post, I had a look Ed, its not half bad as it has a fair bit of info, as to it being accurate, well we can but watch.

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/week/southend-on-sea_united-kingdom_2637433

Up until now, the BBC, which has become flunky since the MetOffice was replaced by austerity supplier and
EN24 satelite as above and
Clear Outside, which is very variable in accuracy, perhaps it is  fed from the BBC info?

Archived