Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stuck with a decision

RiponJas

Hi,  in the middle of tweaking my EP range and I am undecided between the following two for a 9mm. My frac is f7. 9 so not a fast scope. 

Any comments on the following would be appreciated, preferably based on experience of use not just speculation please. I'm perfectly capable of speculation myself!! ? 

Altair Lightwave Premium Long Eye Relief Eyepieces 68° FOV

Baader Morpheus 76° Widefield Eyepieces

Cheers guys and gals. 

Jas

There are literally no reviews of that Altair line or its clone siblings anywhere.  Being Long Perng manufactured eyepieces, they're probably good, but still an unknown.

I have the 9mm Morpheus, and it is excellent.  I'd rate it just about equal to the 10mm Delos I own.  Stars might not be quite as pinpoint sharp to the edge, but it's very close.  The wider apparent field of view is very engaging.

Cheers chaps. Was also considering the explore scientific range, should of popped that in my first post. 

As gathered I can't afford buying televue items so trying to find a range that's affordable and I'm comfortable using. 

I considered the Altair range as due to the shallow ocd side of me I like their appearance and would match my Altair diagonal. ? 

May hold off a little while longer whilst I get more info. But your replies have definitely narrowed the field in what I expect to get. So thanks once again. 

Jas

Archived