Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help! A dumb question....,

Highburymark

So here I am, sitting in a Menorcan hotel room, packing mostly done before we fly back to the UK early tomorrow morning. But the dew shield on my Tak FC-100 is firmly stuck, refusing to be unscrewed so I can fit the 'scope into cabin baggage - though I don't want to apply too much pressure because (for the first time since I bought it two years ago) I'm suddenly in two minds about which way it unscrews. I know it's counter-clockwise, but is that counter-clockwise looking from the objective end, or from the observing end? It's crazy - I've done this at least 20 times and never given it a second thought. What's known as a senior moment. Could anyone help? ☺️Thanks.

Just now, jock1958 said:

No worries, as matter of interest what are using to protect the lens with dew shield removed? 

Jock -  there are caps you can buy from Wex camera which fit the FC-100 perfectly - fellow SGL member and Tak owner Stu posted photos a few weeks ago. I tried to buy them before this holiday but they were out of stock. I've made some cardboard covers for this trip, but will order some of the Wex caps when I get back

9 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Jock -  there are caps you can buy from Wex camera which fit the FC-100 perfectly - fellow SGL member and Tak owner Stu posted photos a few weeks ago. I tried to buy them before this holiday but they were out of stock. I've made some cardboard covers for this trip, but will order some of the Wex caps when I get back

Didn’t know that about those lens caps thanks.

The thought of your Tak banging around in one of those aircraft over head lockers without any lens protection made me shudder!!

4 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Didn’t know that about those lens caps thanks.

The thought of your Tak banging around in one of those aircraft over head lockers without any lens protection made me shudder!!

No - it's well protected - I would be concerned if we had a violently turbulent flight but they're pretty rare. Observing conditions haven't been great in Spain over the past couple of weeks - very hot and humid - but It was worth bringing the Tak this time purely for the views of M22, M13, M27 and M8 last night - will stay with me for a while

Archived