Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

decent HSO targets in Sagittarius region ?

Hi all,

So after rather a long wait, I finally received my new SII filter today, just in time, since I'm heading to southern Spain at the end of the week and will be able to do some imaging.

What would people suggest are targets in the Sagittarius region, or up to Cygnus I guess, that have decent signal in OIII and SII as well as in Ha ?

Last time out I took some OIII of the eagle nebula, yet to be processed, but just on visual inspection nowhere near as much signal as in the Ha I took last year, despite longer integration time.  I'd like to do some Ha of the Lagoon, but don't know whether there's enough OII and SII in there too ?

Any suggestions gratefully received,

Cheers,

Stuart

You said Sagittarius region.  M16 is a good one in NB, I see you already have Oiii.

A recent one I did from the UK in narrowband:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/342719/E/

But to be honest, if I was going to Spain with a full rig, I'd try to do the Antares region in LRGB, its a fabulous colourful region too low in the UK.   I've been attempting to do this over a 2 year period on visits to our friends near Estpona, but only by using a Skytracker and a camera lens.  Still to be completed.

Carole 

Archived