Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Special Eyepieces for Stigmatized eyes

Bamo

Dear all visual observers,

Appreciate if you shared some thoughts for eyepieces selection taking into consideration astigmatism (Cyl -1.75).

Eyepieces are going to be 22, 15, 10 & 5mm

Cheers

Bamo

Your own prescriptions should help to correct the astigmatism, but finding a suitable eyepiece with ample eye-relief could be an issue for some folk.

The Televue Dioptx as MarsG76 suggests, has what it takes to correct for astigmatism, if you dont wear glasses at the scope, and I know their Delos range has 20mm of eye-relief suitable for spectacle wearers, but I personally dont like to wear my glasses at the scope or binoculars.

9 hours ago, Bamo said:

Dear all visual observers,

Appreciate if you shared some thoughts for eyepieces selection taking into consideration astigmatism (Cyl -1.75).

Eyepieces are going to be 22, 15, 10 & 5mm

Cheers

Bamo

I have 2 diopters of astigmatism myself in my observing eye.  I use the Astro Tech AF70 at 22mm (same as the Omegon Redline, TS Expanse, and Tecnosky Superwide HD) with the eye cup screwed off.  I use either a Pentax XL or Morpheus at 14mm (no 15mm eyepieces in my case), a TV Delos at 10mm, and a Pentax XL at 5.2mm.  All have ample eye relief for eyeglass wearers with deep set eyes.

Archived