Stellarium gone loopy

Davey-T

2 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

No matter what I clicked on the other day the program kept closing.

Did you fix it, tried turning laptop off and on again but no better.

Dve 

34 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Did you fix it, tried turning laptop off and on again but no better.

Dve 

I reinstalled it then checked for Windows update there was one told computer turn off when finished as it was late. Tried it next morning working fine crossed fingers.

21 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I reinstalled it then checked for Windows update there was one told computer turn off when finished as it was late. Tried it next morning working fine crossed fingers.

Saw there was a later version so downloaded that, seems to have fixed it.

Dave

They often say that a fresh install will often  fix?

I would also ensure that anything previous on Windows is deleted, but I don't use Windows anymore (...well, not much these days! although I do still have a W7 system that do Intend to continue to  use for an  older specific 32bit program that I still have a lot of interest in.

I use a Mac and at 0.15.? something started going wrong! (can't remember the issue without looking back?) but remained with 0.15.0 and I'm quite happy with this version so far, even though the latest  version is 0.18.1.

well that actual fix I found on the stellarium github group where everyone was complaining.

as there wasnt an update preceding this issue it was probably down to DNS settings ie stellarium is looking to update something and was looking for the stellarium website without www in front of it .

Not sure 100% but at least we know what to change if needed :)

Archived