Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Giving up on EQMOD

tooth_dr

10 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

i think you'll need to get it all set up and working with the pc next to the telescope, only when its working properly can you then think about being more remote. need a cheap laptop next to it. 

A Bluetooth keyboard/mouse would probably help me here.  The pc is beside the scope but behind a wall in a separate ‘warm room’ if that makes sense.

Im heading out at 2pm to take a look at this so I’ll take the advice from everyone, see how it goes and take some screenshots if it isn’t working.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wxsatuser said:

How you picking your target?

I have a list of custom targets added to APT, so I just pick one of those, and platesolve to it.  I have just downloaded CDC and Stellarium, I'll give CDC a go here first.  I have just came out to obsy here and now have the mount correctly lined up using a spirit level to home position.

36 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I have a list of custom targets added to APT, so I just pick one of those, and platesolve to it.  I have just downloaded CDC and Stellarium, I'll give CDC a go here first.  I have just came out to obsy here and now have the mount correctly lined up using a spirit level to home position.

Are you sure the custom targets are correct? Try setting it up now, starting from home, connect scope in APT and choose say, Arcturus from the list of stars. Hit GOTO and it should point the scope due East right now and about 30° altitude.

Just now, david_taurus83 said:

Are you sure the custom targets are correct? Try setting it up now, starting from home, connect scope in APT and choose say, Arcturus from the list of stars. Hit GOTO and it should point the scope due East right now and about 30° altitude.

I’ve been successfully imaging for months using apt and platesolving, but any time I add EqMod it doesn’t work. 

37 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I see.

I just use CdC and set-up a few synch points and normally it hits the target.
The first couple of points usually need centering but after that they are near spot on.

4 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Here is where it was pointing = home and where I’m pointing now, looks like east 

64547FE8-976D-42C9-AEAE-D57FB1201774.jpeg

54143485-76D1-4D53-B034-A45763815FA7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

whats the mount and scope look like when its in this position?

Like this Anthony, just after I used a spirit level RA then set to 0 and level Dec and set Dec to 90

FDC5F534-8C96-44EB-B0C4-2F79080AB2DB.jpeg

1 minute ago, david_taurus83 said:

Confused as it looks to be working ok!?

If you connect APT now do the coords match Eqmod?

I think it’s working but home is at this reading. Shouldn’t RA be zero?

Thanks for your help  

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That’s brilliant David. It looks very similar to yours. 

If you think about what the RA axis is, its the point in the sky that your mount is tracking. if its parked its pointing at the sky but the sky is rotating in relation to you so its always changing. 

16 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

What is HTO V1.29a? My Eqmod box just shows Heq5/6?

Edited - friendly name setting is ASCOM toolbox. I changed it to HTO!

1.29 is an older version. I’m now upgrading to v2.00

Edited 2 - done 

image.jpg

10 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Edited - friendly name setting is ASCOM toolbox. I changed it to HTO!

Ah I see! It looks like your running an older version though. Perhaps updating to the latest Ascom platform might help. Though it's no guarantee all goes smoothly mid session!

Just to rule out APT, can you load up a previous image of Polaris, PlateSolve, sync and then slew back to Arcturus and see if it points east again?

6 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Ah I see! It looks like your running an older version though. Perhaps updating to the latest Ascom platform might help. Though it's no guarantee all goes smoothly mid session!

Just to rule out APT, can you load up a previous image of Polaris, PlateSolve, sync and then slew back to Arcturus and see if it points east again?

I’m on the latest version (see above)

When I track the scope in CDC it’s pointing in the right place at home ie Polaris  

EC1F3929-7926-482F-BB17-061568779680.thumb.jpeg.80a4078c37d85ace9ac1e5ad39be7903.jpeg

And then I used CDC to go to Arcturus and it ended here, close enough, once I sync it to a few stars etc.  

image.thumb.jpg.ebd391ed0d069a4f960e1f5280fe5c24.jpg

Archived