Renting equipment

Does anyone know if there's anyway that rents equipment. Having never owned a refractor I'm struggling to make my mind up on a purchase. I've rented camera lenses in the past due to not being able to justify an expensive lens but would be nice to be able to rent a scope before buying. 

Indeed, my local club loans ( free of charge to members ) scopes from a 12” Dob to a 90mm refractor, all manual, plus go-to from an 8” LX90 to an ETX90.  It works brilliantly for folk to try before they buy, saves all that expense buying, finding out it’s not for them, then more purchases.......

Ed.

Yeah, picked up my heq5 last week but really struggling to choose a little frac to pair with it. I'm probably gonna be happy with whatever I choose but would be nice to have a night or 2 with options. Torn between WO z61, SW ED80 and ts-optics photoline 

The ed80 is very much the starting point for ap with a frac. You will have lots of support as there are so many here using it. They come up often second hand and also sell well so you can always change at a later date.

You could always look at the 130pds reflector. There is a big thread on here for the scope.

I'm one of a good number of astro providers who make scopes, including refractors, available. There are also remote imaging hosts who rent out time on complete imaging setups, including refractor-based ones.  You pay per unit time to use a scope-mount-camera combination. 

Mods please delete if inappropriate.

Olly

Archived