Bubble Mosaic Ha

Allinthehead

Hi all, i blame @moise212for this one as it was his suggestion to extend this to include the Lobster Claw Nebula. Last night i managed some clear sky after returning from having a night out with a friend. There should be a warning about operating astro gear under the influence of alcohol? however it all seemed to go well. Only 25 300 second subs for the second panel but i should get away with it as it will be part of a Ha Rgb final image.

Imaging telescope: Takahashi Epsilon 130d

Imaging camera: ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool

Mount: SkyWatcher AZ EQ6

Software: Sequence Generator Pro Seqence Generator Pro. Astro Pixel Processor, PI, PS

Filter: Astrodon 5nm Ha

Resolution: 6402x4518

Dates: July 11, 2018,  July 14, 2018

Frames: 
Astrodon 5nm Ha: 46x300" (gain: 129.00) 
Astrodon 5nm Ha: 25x300" (gain: 129.00) -20C

Integration: 5.9 hours

Darks: ~50

Bias: ~50

Avg. Moon age: 14.63 days

Avg. Moon phase: 3.47%

Bortle Dark-Sky Scale: 4.00

RA center: 349.060 degrees

DEC center: 60.979 degrees

Pixel scale: 1.827 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 88.813 degrees

Field radius: 1.989 degrees

Bubble_mosaicfinal.thumb.jpg.b0005a115bd63437b3ccfa288f3f444d.jpg

21 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

There should be a warning about operating astro gear under the influence of alcohol? however it all seemed to go well.

I do things live leave Bhatinov masks on and use incorrect camera settings (30 sec exposures captured when 10 minutes was asked for!), all when entirely sober ?.

5 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

I do things live leave Bhatinov masks on and use incorrect camera settings (30 sec exposures captured when 10 minutes was asked for!), all when entirely sober ?.

My one is consistently forgetting to plug in the camera cooler 

I remember this!  I did a 2 panel mosaic with almost exactly the same framing--my first mosaic.  Great area of the sky.  You have very good balance between the panels (2?).  Keep at it.  The SII is pretty strong in this area.  The OIII is strong but in localized areas.  Can't wait to see your final image

Rodd

Looks good on the PC too! Perhaps you should hurry and shoot some RGB before the Moon rises again during the night?! You can still add Ha when there's the Moon around, especially as the bubble is quite far from it.

20 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That is the framing well and truly nailed. Go for it.

Olly

Will do. Thanks Olly

17 hours ago, Rodd said:

I remember this!  I did a 2 panel mosaic with almost exactly the same framing--my first mosaic.  Great area of the sky.  You have very good balance between the panels (2?).  Keep at it.  The SII is pretty strong in this area.  The OIII is strong but in localized areas.  Can't wait to see your final image

Rodd

Hi Rodd. Thanks. Final image will be HaRgb. Unfortunately i don't own an SII filter yet.

7 hours ago, moise212 said:

Looks good on the PC too! Perhaps you should hurry and shoot some RGB before the Moon rises again during the night?! You can still add Ha when there's the Moon around, especially as the bubble is quite far from it.

Thanks Alex. I would normally go with your thoughts here but astro dark has yet to return to my parts so looking like mid August for the rgb.

3 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Alex. I would normally go with your thoughts here but astro dark has yet to return to my parts so looking like mid August for the rgb.

Yes, I didn't think about that. I have already almost 4h.

5 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Hi Rodd. Thanks. Final image will be HaRgb. Unfortunately i don't own an SII filter yet.

Just as well--this is one of those regions that I think looks better in red as opposed to gold.

Rodd

2 hours ago, moise212 said:

Yes, I didn't think about that. I have already almost 4h.

Oh i'm insanely jealous.

29 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Just as well--this is one of those regions that I think looks better in red as opposed to gold.

Rodd

Yes agreed although i do prefer broadband for most targets.

Archived