Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

astroavani

Wandering behind the rings of Saturn

30OsXh_NOrse_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg
Which was not my surprise when processing the photo and discovering that it had captured the star HD 168233 exactly between the C-ring and the limb of Saturn.
This star has magnitude estimated at +9.25 and I never thought it would stand out so well due to the brightness of the rings and the planet itself.
Despite the interval of only 4 minutes, it is possible to see the movement from one photo to another.
Sorry for the poor viewing conditions, but still an interesting photo that leaves us quite happy with the result!
https://www.astrobin.com/full/355428/0/?nc=user

• Like 12

When I see a Saturn thread and your name beside it, it’s impossible not to click on it! Superb images and sequence. 

• Like 1

Awesome! I love the animation!

thtoppoints.gif.47be2f48cc0314cc4db55dea4554caa7.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Quando eu vejo um fio de Saturno e seu nome ao lado dele, é impossível não clicar nele! Imagens soberbas e sequência. 

Thaks my friend!

• Like 1

Your images are one of the reasons I keep being so motivated and amazed by this hobby. It is awesome to see what one can do with your experience and equipment. Great pictures of Saturn with lots of details, and of course with the bright star passing by.

• Like 2