Bubble Wide Ha

Allinthehead

Another ha image with rgb in mind for later. Something that struck me while gathering information on the bubble is the size of it. 7 light years across. This thing would reach Alpha Centauri and beyond if it were in our solar system. Another interesting tit bit is that the star which illuminates the bubble is actually in the center but appears off centre, and is 45 times more massive than Sol.

Imaging telescope or lens: Takahashi Epsilon 130d

Mount: SkyWatcher AZ EQ6

Guiding camera: ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool

Software: Sequence Generator Pro Seqence Generator Pro, Astro Pixel Processor, PI, PS.

Filter: Astrodon 5nm Ha

Resolution: 4640x3508

Dates: July 11, 2018

Frames: 46x300"

Integration: 3.8 hours

Avg. Moon age: 27.64 days

Avg. Moon phase: 4.01%

RA center: 349.064 degrees

DEC center: 61.732 degrees

Pixel scale: 1.828 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 358.684 degrees

Field radius: 1.477 degrees

Locations: Back Garden, Cork, Ireland

Richard.

Bubble_Stars.thumb.png.a2ec58eecd4a08618ddbeeafa5a7ca72.png

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Will be interesting to see it in RGB.

I hope so. I think there's some interesting blue nebulosity in the ha region above the bubble.

1 hour ago, ampleamp said:

Lovely framing and context Richard. I generally prefer these wider scapes as b&w grey scale but also interested to see the finished rgb.

Thanks i'll tag you in the final version.

Nice! With that scope of yours, you can finish an image in no-time compared to others

8 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

I hope so. I think there's some interesting blue nebulosity in the ha region above the bubble.

There's also something below the area :D

A nice example from our colleague @Rodd

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/283513-claw-or-lobster-claw-nebula-bubble/

44 minutes ago, moise212 said:

Nice! With that scope of yours, you can finish an image in no-time compared to others

There's also something below the area :D

A nice example from our colleague @Rodd

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/283513-claw-or-lobster-claw-nebula-bubble/

Thanks Alex. Yes i considered framing it with the Lobster Claw, maybe mosaic time. ?

11 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Barry, this one could take a while as the devil on my shoulder @moise212 has put ideas of mosaics in my head.

I also have some data on this target from last year, but the processing skills at that time didn't help too much. I can try to reprocess, but I should probably get better data too.

Anyway, you know that you keep the resolution you have now, you just extend the area... that will be about 4600x6800 pixels or a ~60x40cm high res print at 300dpi ?

Archived