Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1396

Ceph

The stars have been improved.  But some of the signal in the gas clouds have been reduced.  A tremendously difficult LRGB target (to make it look great).  I think you did very well.  

Rodd

On 01/07/2018 at 18:50, Rodd said:

The stars have been improved.  But some of the signal in the gas clouds have been reduced.  A tremendously difficult LRGB target (to make it look great).  I think you did very well.  

Rodd

Yes this one has been hard to get somewhat right, also a little light pollution and some haze as usuall, don't makes it any easier.

Thanks Rodd

Yes, I completely agree it is a tough one to get right in LRGB, much easier to get a pleasing result in Ha monochrome.

Your Images are all very good indeed, compare them to my first OSC attempt!

F6C56D51-E34D-47DA-B0C5-A8CB510CF6D8.jpeg

46 minutes ago, tomato said:

Yes, I completely agree it is a tough one to get right in LRGB, much easier to get a pleasing result in Ha monochrome.

Your Images are all very good indeed, compare them to my first OSC attempt!

I guess the most is in the equipment, and as you point out I got some nice DSLR material here. Of course a little darker sky would improve it for me.
There seems to be many try and error  to overcome for a good result, it can be so fun and so disappointing.

Thanks tomato

Hi Ceph,

That is a good thing to do. Compare previous efforts with the more recent ones, and you can see the progress being made over the years. The Trunk is a bitch, and I have spent many hours with it. I think you can be very satisfied with your version, especially as this target is very sensitive to light pollution.

Ragnar

19 hours ago, lux eterna said:

Hi Ceph,

That is a good thing to do. Compare previous efforts with the more recent ones, and you can see the progress being made over the years. The Trunk is a bitch, and I have spent many hours with it. I think you can be very satisfied with your version, especially as this target is very sensitive to light pollution.

Ragnar

Thanks Ragnar

It is interesting how one changes over time, Now been doing this for 2 years and I now see things that I totally ignored from the start, Actually when I started this hobby I was happy that I could capture anything at all
Here is my very first shot as an amateur DS photographer taken with an unmodified Canon 70D and Celestron Nexstar 130SLT. I remember that I hang a bag of screws, washers and nuts at the back of the scope, otherwise
it tilted over due the weight of the camera, at the very start before I found out how many screws, washers and nuts that was needed in the counterweight, seeing the scope slowly poiting to the ground I "helped" the scope
a little by pushing it back with a finger and was furious that I lost my target, :)

Orion.jpg.ec054d6342adbccaa8a9dfe59a2e3872.jpg

It is supposed to be M42 Orion... or whatever you like :)

14 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

I definitely prefer the colour balance of the final version and it's interesting to see the progression. What focal length was this taken at please?

I can relate to that. :)

Thanks KoCS

Skywatcher ProMak Newton 190 MN. FL=1000mm, Canon 750D Baader mod.
As a little warning to others is to know that that camera (and 760D I have been told) is not meant for astro photo as it gives 7 per default horizontal broad lines.
This is how it looked in the blue channel on my camera.
Canon750D.jpg
So this lines is also removed from the "Trunk", Another good thing with Pixinsight is the "Canon Banding Reduction", it did help me a lot.
(Owns a Canon 700D today)

Archived