Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn: A Composite Image

orion25

Well, it looks like the opposition is going to be a washout for me as storms are passing through tonight, so I decided to play around with two separate images I took of the ringed planet this past weekend. Here is the composite image:

159664923_ASTRONOMY-SATURN(DSC)6-23-18COMPOSITE.thumb.jpg.7264962a3241b137487c8fadc6f8effd.jpg

which is a combination of this image from June 23, which is vibrant but a little fuzzy (I actually kinda like it though):

858250726_ASTRONOMY-SATURN(DSC)6-23-18.thumb.jpg.45e3924197f2e394854686054acb17eb.jpg

and this one from June 25, which has more detail but is less vibrant:

1599679668_ASTRONOMY-SATURN(DSC)6-25-18.thumb.jpg.6a266b5909278dfd4dba428d0fb2dd3d.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get some Saturn time tomorrow night, and the moon won't be so close!

Enjoy the opposition, all who can see it! (Maybe the clouds will part for me for a moment tonight ?)

Cheers,

Reggie

• orion25 changed the title to Saturn: A Composite Image

Nice work...

Don't be too dissapointed with a stormed out opposition.. if you get to see or image Saturn 2 or 3 nights later, it'll be just as impressive, only slightly further and smaller, but not noticeable.

11 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Nice work...

Don't be too dissapointed with a stormed out opposition.. if you get to see or image Saturn 2 or 3 nights later, it'll be just as impressive, only slightly further and smaller, but not noticeable.

Thanks, Mars. I'm not too worried. I know I'll be out this weekend. Fortunately, these storms don't last for too long ;) 

21 minutes ago, orion25 said:

Thanks, Mars. I'm not too worried. I know I'll be out this weekend. Fortunately, these storms don't last for too long ;) 

Same here.. I was hoping for a Opposition image, but unfortunately I have clouds until friday evening. 

Archived