Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which traking mount for Solar Scope?

tooth_dr

Thanks for looking 

Im struggling to get my Lunt 60mm to work on my Star Adventurer. lt seems a bit heavy for the L Adapter (I’m using weight bar with it) and turns too easily on the Dec plate.

Any ideas for something I can grab for going to work or taking out for the day. I would like to be able to capture a few videos at the same time as visual observing.

My EQ6 is pier mounted and not really grab and go.

Are there suitable cheap motorised Alt Az mounts that would work?  I don’t mind modifying brackets etc. 

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

This may work, I use my LS60DS on the Star Adventurer with an extra weight

Dave

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/sky-watcher-solarquest-solar-goto-tracking-mount-tripod.html

I use a larger weight off an EQ1 mount, but how do you stop it slipping on the dec axis pictured below?  Is it my balance?

Skywatcher Star Adventurer Dovetail L-Bracket.

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

I use a larger weight off an EQ1 mount, but how do you stop it slipping on the dec axis pictured below?  Is it my balance?

Skywatcher Star Adventurer Dovetail L-Bracket.

Added pic to previous post.

Dave

19 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Mounted on Skywatcher rings and modded dovetail.

Dave

I remember looking at that photo of your kit.  I've added a dovetail to my clamshell, must take another look at it.  What size of rings are those?

10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

90mm SW from FLO, had to spray them white to match as they all come in white except the 90mm ones :)

Dave

Excellent. I have a set of black 90mm rings sitting here. Thanks Dave for your help. 

Archived