Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from last night and some older pictures

Archonom

Last night started pretty well. Seeing was good, when testing the equipment on the moon everything looked pretty sharp. As soon as I turned to Jupiter around 23:30, the seeing started to change from good to "drunken planetary imaging". Luckily, one stack of images turned out "not so bad":

jupiter_2018-06-23.png.c1da8986d334e6089a13aeebec33bda5.png

When editing the image with Registax6, I created some new Wavelets, so I decided to apply them on an older image of Jupiter. I think it shows a lot of details, but of course, could be sharper:

Jupiter_Drizzlenon2_2018-06-02.png.fed119269bd1dee0f1531da05586042c.png

Jupiter_Drizzlen1-5_2018-06-02.png.aaae39356bbd29bac9afc487fb4ad15e.png

I hope you like the pictures! Greetings from South Germany ?

28 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Really nice images.  ?

i found the moon was really nice and sharp last night but Jupiter was a bit disappointing. Had to keep the magnification low to get decent views.

I thought jupiter was really clear here.

Thanks! Jupiter was clear when I turned my scope from Moon to Jupiter, but as soon as I started imaging a couple of minutes later, the seeing became much worse (South Germany). It's really interesting how the conditions can change so quickly. When imaging Jupiter at the beginning of June, I had it the other way round: At first seeing was really bad, and 2 hours later, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars were clearly visible. 

Archived