Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RDF fitment to my new bino's

Evenin all.  Looking to add an RDF to my TS optics 45* binos but am struggling to see a feasible option.

https://www.365astronomy.com/TS-Optics-70mm-45-APO-Observation-Binocular-for-1.25-eyepieces-with-set-for-16x-magnification.html

The binos permit a carry handle and I have found this webpage https://oberwerk.com/product/bt-70-45-finder-mount/ but as it seems to be US based then the cost is rather steep purely for the rail. 

I am looking I presume for a mounting rail that will slip into the " handle holder". 

Please attached photo. 

Thanks in advance for this forums knowledge base.

regards  John 

image.jpeg

I use a Rigel Quikfinder. The base is stuck to the LH tube (I am right-eye dominant, so the LH tube location reduces the likelihood that I'll breathe on the eyepieces) with the double-sided adhesive mounting tape that comes with the QF (still firmly adhered after 15 years). This enables me to continue using the handle, which I find invaluable when putting the binocular onto (and off) the mounting bar on the T-mount that I usually put it on. Although it's not as much of a dew-magnet as a Telrad, the QF does benefit from a dew shield (which also helps to get your eye into the correct position - my design for one is here. It's an added bonus that the QF outer circle is as near as dammit the same as he FoV of my favourite eyepieces. If you don't fancy the expense of the QF, you could stick a standard finder shoe wherever you want on the binocular with decent mounting tape (I have found the 3M stuff to be extremely good), and use a "normal" RDF.

8-1.thumb.jpg.65223e0daac1dfe1c4104be92be1a8c7.jpg

HTH

Archived