NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M15

daneel

I know it's not great, but this is my first DSO. Andy Ellis just modded my SPC900NC camera (SC1.5) so wanted to get any image at all last night. The moon completely drowned out Andromeda, but globular clusters still seemed to be visible.

This is about 40 x 6 s images acquired with a Skywatcher Equinox 100, aligned and stacked using Registax. Tried longer exposures but the moonshine blotted everything out for exposures > 10 s.

9288_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Well its a start Daneel.....M15 is a harder cluster to capture than most, it seems to have a brighter core than some of the others, making it difficult to take longer subs without it looking burnt out.......With the addition of where M15 is in the sky at the moment in conjunction to the moon it makes it twice as difficult to get a perfect shot off.......So for your 1st DSO its not bad at all :undecided: ........

Look forward in seeing more imaging from you on a less moonlit night........

Mark

Good stuff - certainly tops my first effort. A number of good points to be aware of - decent framing, good stars. With a bit of tweaking on the original data I am sure that you can better it still.

Excellent start

Anthony

Archived