Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eq Dir ftdi cables

I'm now using one of these cables to control my mount instead of the synscan handset, it all works perfectly fine on my main laptop but the same ftdi cable wouldn't work when I tried it with another laptop?

I know these cables have a "memory" of sorts so you can use them on any port, I was wondering if they can only be used on only one laptop?

Theyre meant to be plug and play, but nothing happened at all, no driver install etc.

I wonder if you made the same mistake I did. The old hi tech Astro modual required you to change the setting in windows to not auto search for drivers for devices. After 2 hours of stressing I remembered this I changed the setting to (let windows automatically search for the best drivers) it installed right away and worked instantly.

All sorted now :)

Device manager was showing a yellow triangle for the cable, so I had to go online and download some drivers.

Strange how it plugged in OK on the Windows 7 laptop, but didn't plug and play with the other running on Windows 8.

Archived