NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter reimaged

Knighty2112

After finding a good tutorial on using Registax for processing Jupiter, I followed the instructions and got a much better image to work with. I did some final work in both PS, and also on my iPad Air too, so think that this reimage certainly adds more detail than I pulled out previously. It certainly looks more natural, even if the moons are less obvious. I’ve added the link to the web site in case any one wants to try it on any of their images.

http://www.viewfromascope.com/using-Registax

Reimage below from data taken on the 7th May;

5AE59AEC-1304-4AE9-AADE-E18F2652EB38.thumb.jpeg.f4c9708ec8f70f8b30e629b5b723de37.jpeg

Original from the time;

BFC5E2A0-8411-48D8-973E-1CB30FAD65D2.thumb.jpeg.07fca58b9487628198cf49df030bf437.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Dragon_Astro said:

That's great, an improvement on an already good first capture :)

Thanks. Yes, I was very pleased with my first capture, but now even more so. Learned a few more things to help me get the most out of Registax too. :) 

24 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Very nice image. Just about to have a look at Jupiter now.

Thanks. Hope the seeing is good for you. I was planning to have another shot at Jupiter tonight again but clouds have spoiled play for tonight. 

Seeing is terrible. I have given up for the night. Not managed a decent view this year from home, but I was lucky enough to get some good views at opposition when I visited Astrofarm. Jupiter was about 10 degrees higher there and the clear dark steady skies made all the difference.

8 hours ago, laudropb said:

Seeing is terrible. I have given up for the night. Not managed a decent view this year from home, but I was lucky enough to get some good views at opposition when I visited Astrofarm. Jupiter was about 10 degrees higher there and the clear dark steady skies made all the difference.

That extra 10 degrees elevation for Jupiter would make all the difference. We have quite a wait until the planets start going further northwards again so appear higher in the sky to enable better views. :( 

8 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Thats a nice image Gus I can definitely see an improvement on your first one. Every day is a new learning curve.?

Thanks Martyn. Yep, still learning every time I process any images. Very pleased with this one, which is my best so far of Jupiter. Awaiting to try Saturn and Mars next, hopefully at some point this weekend if the weather is clear. :) 

Archived