NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Widefield M31

This is just a single unguided 240sec ISO 800 image i took the other night.

Canon 350d/75-200mm lens at 75mm piggybacked on Orion Europa 150.

Was all set to get my first prime focus image when the fog rolled in,another night perhaps.Been saying that for about 6 months now. :undecided:

img4084nb5.jpg

Thats great. I really like the shots that show the DSO's in their natural environment as it were, puts them nicely into context, and really help when you try and explain what a close up of a DSO is and where it can be found.

TJ

Thanks for the encouragement guys. :)

TJ,I do like the seeing Dso's with something to put them into perspective,thats probably because ive not got to grips with prime focus work yet. :undecided:

As for how much detail i can get Jon,well i'm a learner at this but with this image when i tried to get more it started to look false,as if it had been stuck on with photoshop.

Karlo,i managed to get another 10@ 4min the other night but haven't processed them yet,i'm delighted with how i can plonk the mount onto the pier,nip it up and its exactly as it was last time :thumbright:

Btw Karlo,hows your pier doing? a success i hope.

Btw Karlo,hows your pier doing? a success i hope.

It's still standing ! :thumbright::undecided: I've decided to keep the mount on the pier, Nicely wrapped (2x) and protected from the elements- those clear skies we have had have usually been when I'm thoroughly knackered and need to be up early-BUT IT IS a real boon just being able to go and plonk the scopes straight on ! I really do think it will prove to be a great advantage as it gets more use. I still need to drift align it and then place registration marks- should the mount be removed though.

Cheers Karlo

This is 10 240sec at ISO800 and a couple of darks also.

m31widefieldfilterediq9.jpg

Finding it rather difficult to decide when enough is enough on the Photoshop front,been faffing around for over 1 hr tweaking here and there,improving one part only to find the rest is worse so i'm stopping now.

How some of you guys get all that brilliant detail in your images is beyond me.

Practice makes perfect i hope,if not perfect then better will do. :undecided:

Archived