Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This looks interesting

Demonperformer

Just stumbled upon this.

OK, it's 3.5nm rather than 3, and there isn't a 1.25" version (apparently), but it looks as if it could be promising. The 2" chromas are ~£770 each, so this is about 37% of the price. If Baader were to bring out a full set of these as 1.25" filters at 37% the chroma price, that would be about £540 for the set. Sign me up! ?

[Any indication that this might happen, @FLO?]

15 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

there isn't a 1.25" version

https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/filters/deep-sky/baader-h-alpha-enforced-narrowband-35nm-filter.html

Quote: "The initial production did center on the most necessary sizes (2" / 50.4 mm round and 50x50 mm square - other sizes to follow)"...

I'll keep an eye on this as an alternative to Astrodon and Chroma.

4 minutes ago, Jonk said:

https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/filters/deep-sky/baader-h-alpha-enforced-narrowband-35nm-filter.html

Quote: "The initial production did center on the most necessary sizes (2" / 50.4 mm round and 50x50 mm square - other sizes to follow)"...

I'll keep an eye on this as an alternative to Astrodon and Chroma.

Thanks for the link, they also seem to be aiming to produce the OIII & SII by the end of the year as well ...

34 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Depends whether you are thinking in absolute or relative terms. A full set of chroma 3nm filters in 1.25" would be about £1455, so £540 seems very reasonable to me.

I think that filter prices have increased MASSIVELY in the last 5 years or so... I do not remember paying that much for my filters....granted that they were not the "enforced" mark but the price does seem massively different... I have a halpha 3nm filter and it cost me around $180 back than... would these be much different in the end result when comparing in the real world use?

I don't know much about prices of filters back then. Looking to purchase these narrower filters now, I am not aware of any cheaper than the chromas @ £485 each for 1.25" and £775 for the 2".

I would not think these would be any better than your current 3mm. 

Archived